Cross Belt Samplers
Producers who need to show customers that they are serious about the consistency of their product should look no further than McLanahan’s Cross Belt Sampler. A highly reliable system that can extract samples from a wide variety of industries, the Cross Belt Sampler can be used for materials such as coal, concentrates, ores, metallurgical and petroleum coke, sand, stone, gravel, salt, bauxite, lignite, wood pellets and other wood products, potash, biomass, and various other bulk materials.
Cross Belt Sampling Systems can be used with bulk material products to identify and verify the quality or composition of a material as it is shipped, received or utilized in a process. They are an automatic and economical way to easily, safely and accurately collect samples from a moving conveyor belt. A rotating counter-weighed sample cutter moves in a 360 degree rotation perpendicular to the material flow above a conveyor. Sample material is extracted from the moving conveyor during this rotation and is then released into the sample discharge area.
Using a Cross Belt Sampler increases employee safety by eliminating the need for someone to manually grab samples. It also saves time and money by keeping a conveyor on the move. This heavy-duty design can be operated autonomously or by an operator present to control the system. Designed with MSHA compliant guarding, all major components are easily accessible when maintenance is needed.
With nearly 40 years of experience, McLanahan is capable of providing various sizes and configurations of Cross Belt Sampling Systems based on customer requirements. Each Cross Belt Sampling System is custom engineered to exceed customer expectations.
- Reduces out of spec product piles and increases accuracy of sampling analysis
- Designed to follow the latest ASTM, ISO and International Standards
- State-of-the-art control package, including remote and stationary controls
- Provides necessary data for process control
- Designed to minimize maintenance costs
- Multiple access ports to inspect and maintain all working components
- Available in heavy-duty and extreme-duty configurations for applications up to 9,000 stph (8,165 mtph)
- Available with standard electro-mechanical drive or other drive configurations, including standard electric brakes, hydraulic clutch brakes and oil shear brakes
- Verifies quality requirements of as-shipped or as-received product
Sampling Solutions Brochure