Crawler-Mounted Feeder-Breakers help underground mines with material recovery, hauling, crushing and conveying all in one machine. This mobile unit is capable of advancing with the face of the mine in both low and high vein seams. It is particularly effective in the underground mining of coal, trona, salt and gypsum.Developed to meet safety requirements of underground mining, the Crawler-Mounted Feeder-Breaker is an MSHA approved design. Operation of the Crawler-Mounted Feeder-Breaker is interlocked with a downstream conveyor and, through the PLC, is timed to shut down the conveyor and roll at designated intervals when the belt conveyor stops or when material is not present. An umbilical cord remote tram allows an operator to tram the machine from a safe distance.
McLanahan was the first manufacturer to incorporate a torque limiting coupling in a direct, alignment-free drive, eliminating the need for shear pins and chain drives. Touchscreen controls are also included to enhance and simplify operation. The touchscreen controls and diagnostics are easy to use and give valuable feedback if a fault is encountered. The program also includes an electronic manual with drawings and schematics for easy reference. Maintenance is simple with easy access to replaceable components and shaft assemblies that can be removed in one piece.
- Conveyor starts available in push-button pendant or photo cell
- Emergency stops included on both sides of machine and via pull cord across hopper
- Heavy-duty fabricated steel side frames gusseted and connected by steel plate cross-members
- All lubrication points located at a common bank for easy access
- Decks reinforced in the crushing zone and lined with replaceable AR steel plates
- All drives directly mounted to the breaker or head shaft
- Engineering-class roller chain and solid alloy steel flight bars
- High torque drives, large diameter drive sprockets and heavy-duty tracks
- Under-speed control on breaker and conveyor
- Water spray dust suppression
- Dry chemical fire suppression
Please enter your information to access this product's available downloads.