Engineering Parts and Service Technician – Hollidaysburg, Pa.
The Parts and Service Technician provides sales and technical support to customers for parts and equipment. Included will be assistance with operation/maintenance of the equipment through face-to-face communication with customers to ensure the equipment is functioning properly.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and make minor repairs related to mechanical, electrical and hydraulics equipment to ensure proper functioning of the design of the product.
- Participate in the assembly, testing, trouble-shooting and other functions of equipment in the manufacturing environment.
- Maintain and modify laboratory equipment at the direction of the Lab Technician.
- Conduct laboratory testing as assigned at the direction of the Lab Technician.
- Participate in installation, start-up, and trouble-shooting of equipment in the field.
- Work with CAD programs to review and refine drawings as needed.
- Utilize appropriate diagnostic equipment to effectively diagnose the issue with the product.
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to all safety procedures and policies inside and outside the facility, including use of Personal Protective and McLanahan Equipment as required.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Bachelor of science degree in Engineering or related field preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently with little to no notice to represent engineering and customer service on field service assignments, domestically and internationally
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic concepts
- Knowledge of production practices/procedures
- Computer literacy including MS Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; includes writing detailed trip reports
Qualified candidates should send a resume and salary expectations to:firstname.lastname@example.org
McLanahan Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.