Mechanical Engineering Design Specialist – Hollidaysburg, PA
Design and modify equipment to acceptable engineering and McLanahan Corporation standards utilizing tools such as Inventor, other software and knowledge. Interface with manufacturing team to help resolve manufacturing-related issues.
- Develop new products in a team environment. Designs must be simple and cost effective to build and deliverables must meet project timelines.
- Resolve manufacturing-related issues to satisfy customer specification requirements and/or McLanahan design requirements. These issues include but are not limited to troubleshooting assembly problems, material non-conformances, process changes, procedural recommendations and/or modifications, and drawing interpretation.
- Recommend and implement design improvements to reduce product cost and/or improve product quality based on feedback from manufacturing, service, sales, or others.
- Work with manufacturing to develop verification and validation tests and documentation to support and record test results.
- Use computer assisted drafting equipment and software to revise drawings.
- Help coordinate engineering change orders with internal groups including purchasing, manufacturing, quality control, sales, and accounting.
- Participate in engineering and general design reviews as required.
- Travel to other McLanahan facilities or job sites as required to trouble-shoot, inspect, repair, and oversee equipment.
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or equivalent
- Five years of experience in mechanical engineering
- Experience in an ISO and Lean manufacturing environment
- Experience with AutoCad, Inventor, or other 3D solid modeling CAD programs
- Experience with heavy equipment design and manufacturing methods
- Experience with coordinating design revisions with other internal departments
- Experience with equipment testing/validation/verification
- Computer literate including MS Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualified candidates should send a resume and salary expectations to:firstname.lastname@example.org
McLanahan Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.