Mechanical Engineering Design Specialist – Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Design and modify equipment to acceptable engineering and McLanahan Corporation standards utilizing tools such as Inventor, other software and knowledge. Interface with manufacturing team to help resolve manufacturing-related issues.
- Develop new products in a team environment. Designs must be simple and cost effective to build and deliverables must meet project timelines.
- Resolve manufacturing-related issues to satisfy customer specification requirements and/or McLanahan design requirements. These issues include but are not limited to troubleshooting assembly problems, material non-conformances, process changes, procedural recommendations and/or modifications, and drawing interpretation.
- Recommend and implement design improvements to reduce product cost and/or improve product quality based on feedback from manufacturing, service, sales, or others.
- Work with manufacturing to develop verification and validation tests and documentation to support and record test results.
- Use computer assisted drafting equipment and software to revise drawings.
- Help coordinate engineering change orders with internal groups including purchasing, manufacturing, quality control, sales, and accounting.
- Participate in engineering and general design reviews as required.
- Travel to other McLanahan facilities or job sites as required to trouble-shoot, inspect, repair, and oversee equipment.
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or equivalent
- Five years of experience in mechanical engineering
- Experience in an ISO and Lean manufacturing environment
- Experience with AutoCad, Inventor, or other 3D solid modeling CAD programs
- Experience with heavy equipment design and manufacturing methods
- Experience with coordinating design revisions with other internal departments
- Experience with equipment testing/validation/verification
- Computer literate including MS Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualified candidates should send a resume and salary expectations to:email@example.com
McLanahan Corporation is an equal opportunity employer