Machinists – Second Shift – Hollidaysburg, PA
The primary focus is to set up and operate manual mills and lathes. Use precision measuring equipment to ensure products are manufactured to the design. Read and understand standard work instructions to complete a task. Work in a team environment to efficiently meet the expectations of the department. Other essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to, and enforcing, all safety procedures and policies inside and outside the facility, including use of personal protective and McLanahan equipment as required.
- Represent McLanahan Corporation in a positive manner both internally and externally while adhering to the organization’s core values.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
- Ability to set up mills and lathes utilizing the proper equipment to ensure machines are set up correctly to perform the operation.
- Ability to manufacture fixtures to secure materials for operations.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow standard operation procedures to ensure a consistent approach to manufacturing
- Perform daily and regular cleaning on machines, equipment and work area
- Excellent work ethic and willingness to make suggestions to improve the work environment.
- Ability to grind tools for all machines
- Full knowledge of working properties of different metals and alloys and the proper cutting feeds and speeds to use on each with different types of cutting tools
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience in a machining role in a production environment
- Prior experience inspecting parts to the drawings and prints specifications
- Prior experience using measuring tools, micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, etc.
- Ability to use a computer for labor reporting and time clock keeping.
- Willingness to work shifts and overtime as assigned.
Qualified candidates should send a resume to:email@example.com
McLanahan Corporation is an equal opportunity employer