Manufacturing Engineer – Hollidaysburg, PA
The primary role of the position is to develop management control systems to aid in financial planning and cost analysis. Design production planning and control systems to coordinate activities and ensure product quality. Develop processes and procedures to improve systems for the physical distribution of goods and services, as well as determining the most efficient plant locations. Develop time standards and prepare efficiency reports. Complete labor analysis on product to develop standard hours.
- Participate in engineering and general design reviews as required.
- Assist quality assurance with implementation of ISO 9001 procedures at all facilities. Participates and facilitates company lean initiatives as required.
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
- Some travel may be required to other McLanahan facilities or to job sites as required to trouble-shoot, inspect, repair, and oversee equipment.
- Manage and complete special projects as assigned.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability and minimize cost.
- Consult with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production design standards.
- Estimate production cost and effect of product design changes for management review, action, and control.
- Formulate sampling procedures and designs and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Record or oversee recording of information to ensure currency of engineering drawing and documentation of production problems.
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Plan and establish sequence of operation to fabricate and assemble parts or product and to promote efficient utilization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- One – three (1-3) years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience with AutoCad, Inventor, or other 3D solid modeling CAD programs
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Computer literate including MS Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualified candidates should send a resume and salary expectations to:email@example.com
McLanahan Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.