Fabricator/Welder (Second Shift) – Hollidaysburg, Pa.
The primary focus will be to layout and weld/fabricate parts of subassemblies of larger equipment according to supplied drawings.
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to, and enforcing, all safety procedures and policies inside and outside the facility, including use of personal protective and McLanahan equipment as required.
- Represent McLanahan Corporation in a positive manner both internally and externally while adhering to the organization’s core values.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
- Ability to use various hand measuring tools as required to ensure tolerance and specifications are met.
- Ability to mig weld components according to drawings and specifications.
- Operate motorized material moving equipment to transport materials to designated areas.
- Operate and perform visual inspections on welded assemblies ensuring quality standards have been met.
- Operate and perform visual inspection for overhead crane and/or jib hoist to ensure proper and safe utilization.
- Perform functions at an elevated height, according to procedure.
- Ability to select proper welding wire and wire size for the type and thickness of materials.
- Ability to preheat/post heat components using torches, temp sticks per welding requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Prior experience using measuring tools, micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, etc
- Ability to use a computer for labor reporting and time clock keeping
- Willingness to work overtime as assigned
Qualified candidates should send a resume to:email@example.com
McLanahan Corporation is an equal opportunity employer