CNC/Manual Machine Operator – Des Moines, Iowa
Primary duties of this position are to set up and operate CNC, manual mills and lathes. Use precision measuring equipment to ensure products are manufactured to the design. Other essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to, and enforcing, all safety procedures and policies inside and outside the facility, including use of personal protective and McLanahan equipment as required.
- Represent McLanahan Corporation in a positive manner both internally and externally while adhering to the organization’s core values.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
- Ability to set up CNC machine, mills and lathes utilizing the proper equipment to ensure machines are set up correctly to perform the operation
- Ability to manufacture fixtures to secure materials for operations
- Ability to read, interpret and follow standard operation procedures to ensure a consistent approach to manufacturing
- Perform daily and regular cleaning on machines, equipment and work area
- Hold prescribed tolerances using precision measuring instruments such as micrometer, calipers, and gauges
- Ability to grind tools for all machines
- Full knowledge of working properties of different metals and alloys and the proper cutting feeds and speeds to use on each with different types of cutting tools
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience in a machining role in a production environment
- Prior understanding, and or experience in CNC programming
- Prior experience using measuring tools, micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, etc.
Qualified candidates should send a resume to:email@example.com
McLanahan Corporation is an equal opportunity employer